Skocz do zawartości
IGNOROWANY

S4 b6 km/h clock problem / maybe coding problem .

MarioR34
Przejdź do rozwiązania Rozwiązane przez MarioR34,

Rekomendowane odpowiedzi

Hello guys , so i have A4 B6 2.0 20 V ALT N/A 2001 year ,front wheel drive.

So my friend install me a S4 b6 clock , because its 2001 y  he says it cant be installed only in 2002+ year , luckily i had ecu and a km/h from 2.0 fsi , apparently you need only one of that item to take some code from them  , so clock was installed , but problem appeared i had a half a tank of gas and it should a one quarter , i fill it up full  and gage drops to dead reserve 🤣 and stays there .

He did tell me that he code everything  from quattro to front-wheel drive  , but maybe he didn't code some ting correctly ,  so does anyone know how to do it properly or have some instruction online how to do it ?

I dont like to drive it with reserve light on ...

PS: Everything worked properly before installation.

Thank you .

change fuel level sensor from a car 2002+ - it works exactly the oposite as in model year 2001 

you can't do anything to your new cluster to work properly 

Edytowane przez Banan

So just to be sure  , can you send me a picture on what you think . I think i have it  , so i just replace it  , no need for some coding  or ?

Maybe not because both are front wheel drive  and i think its 72 liters or 75 liters of fuel capacity?

Edytowane przez MarioR34

it's not coding , not fuel tanks - model year 2001 ( cars produced since 10/2000 to somewhere 05/2001) have different fuel level sensor than the cars from model year 2002 ( since 06/2001 )

they show resistance completely opposite - lets say MY2001 empty is 10 Ohm and full is 200Ohm , then in  MY2002+ empty is 200 Ohm and  full is 10 Ohm  

So the clusters MY2001 and MY2002+ are reading it differently - you can't modify them , I tried to do it and nothing works. The only way is to use proper cluster or change fuel level sensors

Edytowane przez Banan

Ok , thank you for you answers and knowledge . So i have this from my b6 2003 year donor  , so i just  replace my   it for my fuel  senior / pump ect and it should work if i understand it correctly  ,  i just take out mine and install this  who'll unit from the picture

IMG-20231009-144909.jpg

This is a vin of the doonor car .

ae.jpg

I will clen it with petrol befor instalation :D

Edytowane przez MarioR34

This one will work correctly. If not, switch two wires from the level sensor, but i doubt it would be necessary. 

• Super 1

I will exchange it in Friday and  we will se will it  work   , of course i will disconnect the battery :D

Exchanging wires you mean switch it from pump / senzor wich is now in the car ?

Edytowane przez MarioR34

On 10/8/2023 at 11:31 PM, Banan said:

you can't modify them , I tried to do it and nothing works. The only way is to use proper cluster or change fuel level sensors

I will have maybe a few more questions , so please don't be angry at me :D

So just from curiosity , how did you try to modify  , like you said it dident work  , I'm trying to gather as much as i can information to help other people  , then i will open the new topic with exact information.

Will it work if i change just this part  or just buy a new one from 2003 year ?

PRNT.SC

Captured with Lightshot

IMG-20231011-181913.jpg

Switch it how , what do you mean ,   take a wires from a 2003 and put in on 2001  sensor/pump unit , or just switch wires places on old sensor/pump unit '

Switch the wires on the sensor (green and black) with places. Connect it to the car and without putting it back together check if it worked.

Hello

So i dident wont to work on car my self , a one hour ago i took my car to mechanic , he unplug the jack put it on donor one above in the picture from 2003 and nothing happened , except , when he plug it back  ,car wont work more then a few second 😰, he sad maybe pump is gone , eventing worked fine until this moment .

Zawartość dodana 3 minutes later
STREAMABLE.COM

Watch this video on Streamable.

Edytowane przez MarioR34

Problem solved by putting a another fuel pump , and car runs normal , so  one unplugging  jack and plug in back  ,  broke a pump to work partial , probably pump was doomd to die soon anyway , maybe who knows ...

Hello ,  it seems to bi a solution for this problem in fuel level sensor like we write above in posts  but it must bi for quarto from 2002 above not just a 2002 year  fwd  , must be quattro .

So i will ask your help from someone who have an a4 b6 quattro  from 2002 year or above ,  let say for example 1.8 t quattro 110 kw to check exactly is ist for 2002 or above year   quattro , i want to be shour .

IMPEXAUTODIJELOVI.HR

Broj dijela: 100 919 0113 Pojednostavljeni broj dijela: 1009190113 OEM brojevi (proizvođač originalne opreme): AUDI 8E0 919 051 BF AUDI 8E0 919 051 AF AUDI 8E0 919 051 BA AUDI 8E0 919 051 AG AUDI 8E0 919...

This is the same pump only little more expensive on other site .

I found this but there is no  exactly saying it is for  2002  to ect

It says cars production generic depends from site , some one says 2000 -2004 , 2002 -2006 for all b6 lines , so there is quattros from 2001 my friend says , i personal don't know ,   i dont wanna buy and then  it turns out its for 2001 :D

Thank you werry much .

Edytowane przez MarioR34

I find my self the answer on LLL parts, there you can choose by the year , and there is a same part number like in impex site below a picture.

https://www.lllparts.co.uk/product/8E0919051CJ/audi-fuel-delivery-unit-br-and-sender-for-br-fuel-gauge-8e0919051cj

• Rozwiązanie
Opublikowano (edytowane)

Hello ,

If you have an 2001-year car , front-wheel drive , and you installed an S4 B6 quattro km/h cluster gauge , everything  will  work except fuel gauge  , to everything to  work properly you must first take a  code from a car  from at least 2002 year (fwd or quattro , does not matter) , from km/h clock or ECU of that car ,  don't know what code  , anybody who knows  how to work with VCDS  must know .

Then change the code in keys so that you can  start your car ,   you need a small plastic thing , don't know how its called, but it is few euros , i needed tree ,  he had two , bla bla  ,  so  , two keys work  , one need it to be coded now he don't know when he will be back in Croatia , same old story you know it .

If someone have a link where to buy that little plastic thing , link would be appreciated to me and others know .

PS : your non-coded  old  key will work, you can start a car, but  only it will run  for one second , you can lock and unlock the car.

So you need at least 2002 y . quattro  fuel pump  component( fuel level guage ) , full pump it  self can be from your car and can be from a big range  of cars , maybe it will work with just like this fuel lever component  in the picture below from at least 2002  quattro , but the price is or little less then a  who'll set , so not wort it .

wiper2.jpg

I did buy exactly from this store ,  this link below  , part number to just be 100000 % sure was 8E0919051CJ

IMPEXAUTODIJELOVI.HR

Broj dijela: 100 919 0113 Pojednostavljeni broj dijela: 1009190113 OEM brojevi (proizvođač originalne opreme): AUDI 8E0 919 051 L AUDI 8E0 919 051 BJ AUDI 8E0 919 051 AG AUDI 8E0 919 051 BF AUDI 8E0 919...

I buy it ,and JP  group new rubber seal (it is Danish it should be good) install it myself , and when i did give it a contact it works , no more reserve light .

I fill the fuel to the top , like they suggested in directions  ,  drive it  to the fuel reserve light came back on , then fill it again to the max ,  just to test it to be sure . Everything works fine , no more reserve light :D

PS :

On Impex store link you can see OEM part numbers , on Croatian then means OEM brojevi.

On Auto Krešo store 

you can see all connected cars  , that means that it will work on all that cars.

Povezana vozila means Connected vehicles on Croatian

Edytowane przez MarioR34